HPGL File Format Specification
|File type||Vector Image Files|
|Vendor’s Name||HP Graphics Language (Plotter)|
What do you understand by HPGL file format?
HPGL stands for Hewlett-Packard Graphics Language. It is the format that was developed for sending vector line based drawing information to pen plotters. This format is commonly used for sending drawing files to printers and plotters for printing. HPGL is a character based format (ASCII), it can be transferred between computer easily. Basically, HPGL files start with a few setup command, followed by a long string of graphics command. If you are using HPGL, conversion can reduce the size of graphics files by half or better. This format processes expanded vector and raster information using very little memory space. It is an open language vector graphics file format.
4 Reasons Windows cannot Open HPGL file
- Due to some virus or malware interfering with opening this file.
- The Sometime file has been broken and corrupted.
- User haven’t correct default application to open the HPGL file.
- Maybe registry entities of the file are invalid or corrupt.
How to Open HPGL file?
- STEP1: Select the HPGL file, Right click the HPGL.
- STEP2: Now, choose Open with option & select default program.
- STEP3: If default program option not available, then choose HPGL Viewer Freeware, Corel Draw Graphic suite x8, corel PaintShop Pro x9 in the list of program.
- STEP4: Click Ok.
Note: If given software is not available on your PC, so you need to download from the internet and install it.
What is HPGL/2 format?
This format is specially designed for use with HP compatible raster plotters, in this include devices such as ink jet printers and laser printer. But HPGL\1, it does provide facilities for color filings polygons. Its driver would not normally be used with pen plotters.
List of Sofware that open Hewlett-Packard Graphics Language files
|For Mac:||XnView||VHF interservice canon||Lemkesoft GraphicConverter||Lemkesoft CADintosh|
|For Windows:||CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6||Corel PaintShop pro-X5||ACD Systems Canvas 14||ArtSoft Tools|
In this article describe the concept of HPGL format. This format is a character based format (ASCII). It is a vector type of image file. Also tell us about the reasons of windows can’t open HPGL file, software list that read HPGL file etc.